Position Title: Functional Analyst Lead – Business Applications, Finance
GS1 US, a member of GS1, is a not-for-profit organization that brings industry communities together to solve supply-chain problems through the adoption and implementation of GS1 standards. More than 200,000 businesses in 25 industries rely on GS1 US for trading-partner collaboration and for maximizing the cost effectiveness, speed, visibility, security and sustainability of their business processes. They achieve these benefits through solutions based on GS1 global unique numbering and identification systems, bar codes, Electronic Product Code-based RFID, data synchronization, and electronic information exchange.
The Functional Analyst Lead – Business Applications is a key member of the Product Management team. The ideal candidate will have exceptional business process analysis, product management, communication, and leadership skills. Additionally, this role requires an in-depth knowledge of finance and accounting principles and detailed knowledge of Procure-to-Pay, Order-to-Cash, and Record-to-Report business processes. This role will serve as a senior business systems analyst, interfacing with business stakeholders to capture business requirements in the form of business requirements documents (waterfall) and features (agile).
In year one, the Functional Analyst Lead for Business Applications will be focused on the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Operations (D365 F&O) to replace current business applications for order processing, accounting, and finance. The Functional Analyst Lead will serve as the GS1 US functional lead in the full project lifecycle, from requirements definition and gap analysis, through design, configuration, data migration, testing, training, go-live, and support. This represents a huge opportunity for the right candidate to lead this core workstream and put their stamp on a new business application platform that will enable the growth of GS1 US for years to come.
Following the successful implementation of D365 F&O, the Functional Analyst Lead will be responsible for managing the product development lifecycle, developing detailed requirements and interfacing with the GS1 US Technology team (System Analysts / Product Owners) to ensure new capabilities and future enhancements are developed, tested, and deployed to specification. The Functional Analyst Lead must be able to communicate effectively both with the business and the development teams to convey the product roadmap and product vision. The Functional Analyst Lead will write both epics and features, and is responsible for managing the program backlog through sprints and releases. The Functional Analyst Lead must be technically adept in software and software development processes.
This Director level individual contributor role reports to the Senior Director, Portfolio Strategy, and will partner closely with the Corporate Controller as primary business stakeholder, and with peers in Product Management responsible for Customer facing applications and the overall customer experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Implementation Project (year one)
- Direct the day-to-day ERP project activities of the Finance/Accounting & Operations workstream
- Liaise with Business Process Owners to capture business requirements and define future state processes and solution in Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations
- Capture current and future state business process flows in MS Visio
- Representing the Finance & Accounting workstream, contribute to the development and management of the overall project schedule (tasks, assigned resources, dependencies, milestones, stage gate criteria, etc.)
- Partner with implementation partner Finance & Accounting Lead to operate effectively as one team
- Anticipate risks, explore contingencies, negotiate solutions, and drive closure throughout the project lifecycle
- Proactive escalation to project management
Post-Implementation Project (year two+)
- Overall product management ownership for the Finance/Accounting & Operations business application capabilities for GS1 US. Manage entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Create Business Cases for new product developments to achieve sponsorship
- Represent the Voice of the Customer (internal or external) in senior level management meetings
- Ability to manage multiple products/projects simultaneously.
- Develop comprehensive Product and Services roadmap including features & capabilities specifications, partners and platforms intercepts, release cadence and product success metrics.
- Develop release plans. Maintain and communicate release plans to stakeholders
- Partner with Technology leadership to develop and assist in the execution of technical product road maps, schedules and design of software products. Has strong technical and project management skills - excels at balancing big picture priorities against tactical needs.
- Consults and collaborates with cross functional leaders and key stakeholders (Solutions, Business Development, Senior Executives) to elicit and analyze business requirements using best practices
- Provides feedback to the development team during the development processes to ensure alignment of customer needs and expectations.
- Product Manager in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), working with Product Owners to ensure requirements are clear and sprints move forward efficiently.
- Coordinate with the operational groups who test, validate and evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software.
- Support iterative development by tracking and prioritizing change requests related to development release plan.
- Approves system test plan and facilitates user acceptance testing for product release into production.
This is a senior individual contributor role and does not have supervisory responsibility
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university; Master’s Preferred
- 10+ years combined experience in business process analysis and/or business software development
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the business application software delivery lifecycle, ideally leading a small, highly focused team.
- Functional Workstream Lead or Lead Consultant on at least one full lifecycle ERP implementation focused on Finance and Accounting business processes and best practices.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles (GAAP)
- Deep, hands-on experience in at least one Finance & Accounting ERP system (Dynamics, SAP, or Oracle)
- Hands-on experience with Finance & Accounting in Microsoft Dynamics D365 or Dynamics AX preferred
- Proven experience as a Functional Analyst Lead or Product Management Director working with enterprise business application software in the Accounting, Finance, and Procure-to-Pay domains
- Business process knowledge in Order-to-Cash, B2B ecommerce, and/or Supply Chain processes is a plus
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in developing a product/portfolio vision and providing direction and guidance to the design and implementation teams that operationalize that vision
- Proven ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams
- Deep understanding of product planning, product engineering, and customer requirements in software products.
- Effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to translate requirements into quality specifications.
- Exceptional relationship skills, negotiating skills, and the ability to build rapport with internal and external partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated capability to deliver persuasive presentations.
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes, think analytically, and is adept at problem solving
- Knowledge and ability to effectively use the appropriate methods and tool sets for requirements management, requirements definition/visualization, and versioning.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team player who “rolls up their sleeves” to make sure the job gets done
- Strong project management and organizational skills required; High energy and results-oriented
- Advanced skills in MS Visio, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proficiency to quickly learn all GS1 product offerings and develop a functional understanding of GS1 standards