POSITION OVERVIEW: Our client located in Groton, MA is looking for a Full Stack Java Developer with Spring Boot experience to migrate and update an existing system to Java, and to help develop new products and features. The right candidate will leverage their experience building Java web services to integrate and innovate next generation software. This environment will consist of mostly new development with only some maintenance, whereas most corporate development jobs are maintenance. This is a very unique opportunity because it is a small team within a large, stable company, so you get the security of a large company, but the flexibility and pace of a small development company. However, that also requires developers who can proactively figure it out how to implement and adapt new technologies into their products, even on occasions when corporate training is not available. Opportunities to do new development on the best technologies available within a small, but stable environment, are very rare, but this is one of them! This will likely fill very quickly, so please reach out to us right away if you are qualified and interested. You can even work from home 1 or 2 days per week in this role.
This is a Direct Hire position, not C2C, not contract, with no visa sponsorships available of any kind, and we do not work with any third party consulting firms. You must currently live in the United States to be considered for this role. Please do not apply if you are looking for a contract position. This is not a remote position, and relocation is not available for this role, please consider that before applying.
· Analyze existing software for issues and remedy them
· Gather requirements for new features or products
· Write both client-side and server-side code
· Collaborate on peer code reviews and testing
· Collaborate on Agile sprint planning and backlog estimation sessions
· Create documentation as needed
· Senior to expert level Java development with Spring Boot framework experience is required
· Solid AngularJS or ReactJS experience, preferably both but you can learn the other if you only have one
· Advanced to senior level experience with version control, preferably Git
· Decent/Light Ruby or Python experience (Ruby is currently used just for moving files around)
· Moderate to advanced Linux, Terminal, and Command Line Interface execution
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
· Node.js, jQuery, or Redux experience
· Mac experience
· Agile experience
· Docker and AWS experience
· Unit Testing and Continuation Integration experience
· Design experience with mockup tools like Balsamic or Sketch if you need to illustrate something
· Public speaking/presentation skills if ever called upon to present a new product
This is a direct hire position with no visa sponsorships available, and we do not work with any-third party consulting firms.
Local candidates are preferred for this role because this company does not offer a relocation package, nor do they reimburse for travel expenses to the interview. Please consider that before applying.