Our client is a prominent retail chain group headquartered in the Western Cape. Since their establishment in 2012, they have provided exceptional services in the realm of fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG). Operating in emerging markets, they consider their customers to be part of their extended family. Their commitment is grounded in the principle of delivering on their promises: "We believe in doing exactly what we say we're going to do". Join them in their journey to create meaningful experiences for both their team members and valued customers
Our client is recruiting for an experienced Front-End Supervisor to join their team.
Responsible for creating and maintaining a fully functioning front-end staff and promoting excellent customer service and communication. Full management of the front end, including cashiers and till packers.
- Handle Customers’ needs and concerns
- Number of Customer Complaints and Compliments
- Assist in the hiring of front-end staff
- Ensure the Front end is suitably staffed at all times
- Induction and training of all new staff
- Correct number of staff and scheduling of staff
- Training and competency levels of cashiers
- Overall discipline of the department
- Maintain a monthly attendance rate of 95%
- Minimal Average of Unders and Overs
- Adhere to Safety and security policies
- Perform administrative Functions
- Responsible for the safety of the store, staff, and customers
- Honest and trustworthy
- Customer service orientated and a willingness to deal with people every day.
- Ability to create teamwork environment.
- Attention to detail throughout the store
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Take initiative
- Communication skills in order to train staff members and communicate problem areas
- Accurate with figures
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail - Accurate
- Commitment to delivery and quality
- Good people management skills
- Be able to delegate effectively
- Be able to operate independently and as part of a team
- Good administration skills
Qualification and requirements:
- Grade 12
- 5 – 10 years’ Supervisory experience
Monday to Sunday – Shifts
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 202471 subject heading or email body.
Surgo (Pty) Ltd will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity (EE) and is committed in maintaining diversity in its’ appointments. Surgo (Pty) Ltd, therefore also encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. Due to the high volume of applications, should you not receive feedback within three months upon submission, you can assume your application was unsuccessful and we encourage you to reapply. Please note that as a registered member of APSO, Surgo (PTY) Ltd. does not hold applicants accountable for any application fee.
Your CV will be kept on our database for us to contact you should any future vacancies become available. If you do not wish for us to keep your CV for any other positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org