Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting new opportunity for a Front Desk Receptionist. The successful incumbent will process a wide range of functions involving representing the company in an extraordinary level by consistently being pleasant and helpful to everyone. We are looking for a talented team member; reliable, professional, and friendly, with excellent customer service skills!
- Greet and direct all visitors in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Answer all incoming calls, transfer calls, or take messages as necessary.
- Respond and appropriately handle emergency situations that may arise in a calm, professional and effective manner.
- Makes sure all outside vendors and customers check in and out of the visitor log.
- Maintain attendance log record keeping. Keeping management informed of attendance occurrences.
- Sort and file employee records
- Facilitate new hire orientations
- Assist with pre-employment processing (applications, drug testing, etc.)
- Conduct new hire orientation and benefits orientation to build a strong foundation for new employees.
- Assist with HR department audits and external department audits.
- Provide administrative support to HR Manager such as completing surveys, creating reports and spreadsheets and special project assignments.
- Execute daily tasks with minimal supervision; pays excellent attention to detail while multitasking. Communicates frequently with HR Manager; and recommends process changes.
- Answer questions from employees or outside sources, or refers such questions to supervisor.
- 1 year experience working in customer service or office setting.
- High School Diploma/GED or better.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read, write and analyze.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate and basic math.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)