Position Title: Housing Front Desk Assistant
Description:Stanford University’s R&DE Graduate Housing Operations team is seeking part-time assistants to work in the Graduate Housing Front Desk offices. The primary hours of coverage are 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday - Friday. There may be varying hours during peak move-out or check-in weekends, and by a project-specific basis. This will be managed by the Front Desk Supervisor. This position is starting now and is expected to end in mid April.
The Housing Front Desks serve as an information, service, and problem-resolution resource for any housing-related issue for residents, conference guests, Student Housing staff, and others within and outside the Stanford community. Each Housing Front Desk is staffed continuously and provides year round support for our Stanford students and Stanford community.
Duties and Responsibilities (others may be assigned as needed):
• Greet students, staff and other guests when they come into the office.
• Answer office phones and respond to questions, referring to the FDS when necessary.
• Send out mass email notifications
• Learn and relay complex Housing policies and procedures
• Assist students with lockouts by signing out a board key and/or temporary building access card.
• Sign out hand trucks and vacuums, tracking all activity in the respective log.
• Provide office coverage during the lunch hours and for meetings.
• Notify students via email of any misdirected mail brought into the office.
• Prepare keys and other check in materials.
• Check students in and out, tracking activity via StarRez (student information database) and registration cards.
• Assist the FDS with regular key inventories.
• Submit in work orders, rekey requests, and other maintenance requests into the system.
• Assist the FDS with quarter-opening and quarter-closing duties, as necessary.
Skills Needed:Successful applicants will be focused, possess a solid attention to detail, and have a personable and welcoming presence. Strong email, phone, and in-person customer service experience essential. Hotel Front Desk/Concierge experience would be a plus. Clear, concise, effective communication with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds essential. Must be computer-literate and able to learn new systems quickly. Ability to work in fast paced environment with interruptions throughout the day.