Front Desk – Medical Assistant (MA)
This Phoenix-based medical practice is looking for a medical assistant to manage the front desk where you’ll be greeting patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner and responding to routine requests for information. Additional responsibilities include
- Answering phones, monitoring fax queue, directing fax line, routing calls as needed, creating phone notes in the patient electronic medical record, and/or providing information to patients.
- Scheduling provider appointments correctly and accurately. Notify patient of appropriate/required arrival time for appointment (based on type of appointment) and of required items to bring to appointment (insurance cards, photo ID, etc.), ensure proper authorization and / or that valid referral documentation has been received.
- Working with Biller to obtain prior authorization and to verify insurance eligibility and benefits, help patients with scanning ID and insurance card, upload of image of patients pictures in EMR, confirming patient demographics and paperwork for accuracy and completions.
- Collecting patient account balances, co-insurance, and copays, deductibles or estimates self-pay rates; works with Biller to prepares daily batch, deposits, etc.
- Interacting with patients, family members, visitors, and members of the health care team; directs patient questions and/or complaints to appropriately; keeps patients informed; maintains efficient patient flow during the check-in and check-out process; checks in outside vendors.
- Scheduling patients for follow-up office visits or procedures, logs no-show appointments; assists in scanning.
- Maintaining and organizing lobby area at the end of the day, opening and closing duties.
- Maintaining medical records.
- Working with identification of referral sources, new patient growth and marketing of clinic services with other providers
- Excellent customer / patient service.
- Comfortable and productive working independently.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Strong working knowledge of computer programs, tech savvy – Kareo electronic medical record a plus .
- Understand/Perform training on practice management software.
- At least one year of medical office experience.
- Certified medical assistant.
- Bilingual is a plus.
To learn more, please contact Ren’e at email@example.com or call 602-788-5890.