Dental Care Coordinator
- Excellent benefits
- Full-time, direct hire
The Dental Care Coordinator facilitates all external patient needs as requested/advised by the rendering dental provider. The dental care coordinator completes all steps necessary to ensure that the patient receives complete dental care, which will be covered by their insurance or sliding fee discount and improve their overall dental health.
- Coordinate and maintain an efficient filing and tracking system for referrals, authorizations, estimates and medical clearances.
- Follow up with insurance to check the status of aging authorizations and estimates.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with patients, giving them a more complete understanding of what is needed/what the next step is.
- To ensure proper patient care, maintain an open line of communication with the Office Manager, Dental Director and the clinical staff as to changes in patient appointments/accounts due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Keep a clear and consistent method of documentation in each patient chart, allowing anyone whom looks in the chart an understanding of the patient’s individual case stage.
- Call patients to give updates or to gather vital information in a courteous, friendly and accurate manner.
- Become the primary organizer of all outer office correspondence: Sending and retrieving patient records.
- Under the direction of the Dental Office Manager and Dental Director, establish and implement a system for sending and tracking all medical clearances.
- Under the direction of the Dental Office Manager and Dental Director, establish and implement a system for sending and tracking all dental specialty referrals.
- Aid our Integrated Services Case Manager in scheduling and tracking established high risk patients, referred to Dental by their PCP
- Prepare and send authorizations & pre-treatment estimates to insurance, including all critical information to expedite insurance review.
- Discuss pricing for treatment plans with the patient. Inform patient of payment policies and refer patient to Patient Account Specialist, if necessary.
- Assemble patient appointments to maximize the usage of insurance benefits as well as accommodate the patient’s personal schedule
- Obtain and update insurance contracted fee schedules as needed
- Participate in in-service/education regarding Quality Improvement
- Perform all other related duties as assigned or requested
- Accountability- Role Model, mission, vision and shared values
- Customer Focus:
Has a clear understanding of internal customers needs, preferences, timelines and decision-making criteria
Recognizes that building long-term customer satisfaction is the key to employee engagement
- Teamwork – If someone needs help, help them
- Initiative – Be innovative, apply fresh ideas and continuously improve how you do your work
- Confidentiality – Maintains strict confidentiality and respect the privacy of others
- Ethical – Demonstrate consideration and appreciation for co-workers and customer
- Respect – Demonstrate – consideration and appreciation for co-workers and customer
For more information, call Ren'e Pelayo at 602 788-5890 x116 and email your resume to Rene@apnusa.com.