Front Desk Coordinator
Under the umbrella of the Human Resources and Administrative Services department, the Hoover Institution Front Desk Coordinator (FDC) reports directly to the Manager of Administrative Services and provides administrative or operational support working under general supervision. The front desks are staffed continuously at both the David and Joan Traitel and Herbert Hoover Memorial buildings during business hours year round and after hours when events are scheduled.
The FDC serves as an information, service, and problem-resolution resource for any Hoover related matter at the front desk and will interact with VIP's such as foreign dignitaries, high-level government officials, donors, Hoover Fellows, conference guests, students, staff and the Stanford community ensuring the highest quality customer service is afforded utilizing a "One Stop" service model. Responsibility for coordinating and administering the "Front Desk/One Stop" service model includes working closely with other FDC's and the Finance, Facilities, Development and Events teams on all day to day activities and planned events to ensure seamless service across the institution.
· Process and monitor routine financial transactions i.e. reimbursement's, honorariums, invoice payments etc. which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
· Greet visitors and route them to appropriate individuals.
· Answer phones, respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
· Draft and/or generate routine communications such as emails, memos, notices and letters; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
· Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
· Perform office duties including, but not limited to, handling incoming and outgoing mail, entering data into basic tables/ in-house software, reports or spreadsheets, making copies and monitoring and ordering office supplies.
· Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed.
· May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives.
· Track completion of required training.
· Maintain approved content on websites.
Education & Experience:
· High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience required. Bachelor's degree and three years' experience working successfully in a front desk/customer service, hospitality environment strongly preferred.
· Stanford Oracle/iProcurement experience strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
· Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
· Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.