This position is responsible for performing imports and exports related duties in order to organize the safe, efficient and cost-effective way of transportation taking accounts of the customers’ delivery requirements. This position assumes the managerial role when the Manager is unavailable.
- Researches and plans the most appropriate route for shipments considering the nature of items and the requirements set by customers.
- Arranges appropriate packaging considering the climate, weight, nature of goods, costs, delivery and warehousing of goods at the final destination.
- Obtains, checks and prepares any required documentation to meet customer and insurance requirements.
- Coordinates with third party vendors to transfer items smoothly in accordance with customer requirements.
- Arranges payment of freight fees and other associated charges.
- Keeps track of shipping status using assigned systems.
- Issues invoices to customers according to the mutually agreed quotation.
- Updates standard operation procedures (SOPs).
- Prepares quotations according to customers’ requests; Ensures quotations are competitive and reasonably profitable by negotiating with subcontractors and vendors.
- Handles, troubleshoots and assists customers to resolve claims.
- Supervises the activities of subordinate employees.
- Supports subordinate employees when necessary.
- Assumes the managerial role when the Assistant Manager/Manager are unavailable.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to the Manager for solution.
- Maintains good communication with managers, coworkers and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area and organizing data and documents.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Manager.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and more than 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of higher education and experience
- General office equipment including phones, fax, copier, personal computer, printer, scanner, etc.
- Software includes the use of Windows operating system, MS Office.
- Communication, Customer Service, Flexibility/Adaptability, Initiative/Follow Through, Problem Solving, Project Management, Team Leading, Time Management
- Valid driver’s License is required
- Language: English-Business level /Japanese -Native level