This position is responsible for performing imports and exports related duties in order to organize the safe, efficient and cost-effective way of transportation taking accounts of the customers’ delivery requirements. This position assumes the managerial role when the Manager is unavailable.Job Duties
1) LOGISTICS COORDINATION
- Researches and plans the most appropriate route for shipments considering the nature of items and the requirements set by customers.
- Arranges appropriate packaging considering the climate, weight, nature of goods, costs, delivery, and warehousing of goods at the final destination.
- Obtains, checks, and prepares any required documentation to meet customer and insurance requirements.
- Coordinates with third-party vendors to transfer items smoothly in accordance with customer requirements.
- Arranges payment of freight fees and other associated charges.
- Keeps track of shipping status using assigned systems.
- Issues invoices to customers according to the mutually agreed quotation.
- Updates standard operation procedures (SOPs).
- Prepares quotations according to customers’ requests; Ensures quotations are competitive and reasonably profitable by negotiating with subcontractors and vendors.
- Handles troubleshoot, and assists customers to resolve claims.
2) OTHER & MISCELLANEOUS
- Supervises the activities of subordinate employees.
- Supports subordinate employees when necessary.
- Assumes the managerial role when the Assistant Manager/Manager is unavailable.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to the Manager for a solution.
- Maintains good communication with managers, coworkers, and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area and organizing data and documents.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Manager.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and more than three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of higher education and experience.
- General office equipment including phones, fax, copier, personal computer, printer, scanner, etc.
- The software includes the use of the Windows operating system, MS Office.
- Japanese and English Bilingual
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment.Travel & Driving Requirements
- Local Travel: Rarely
- Domestic Overnight Travel: Rarely
- International Travel: Infrequently
- Vehicle driving requirements: Automobile(Valid driver’s license is required. Appropriate personal vehicle liability insurance is required for personal car usage.)
- Driving Safety Requirements: Observe speed limits and obey all road signs. Keep driving records (i.e., mileage and gas receipts) when necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to frequently sit, walk and stand and occasionally must use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities include the ability to read and analyze data in hard copy and on a computer screen, measure or identify using eyesight and adjust vision focus.