This position is responsible for performing imports and exports-related duties in order to organize a safe, efficient, and cost-effective way of transportation taking account of the customers’ delivery
- Researches and plans the most appropriate route for shipments considering the nature of items and the requirements set by customers.
- Arranges appropriate packaging considering the climate, weight, nature of goods, costs, delivery and warehousing of goods at the final destination.
- Obtains, checks and prepares any required documentation to meet customer and insurance requirements.
- Coordinates with third-party vendors to transfer items smoothly in accordance with customer requirements.
- Arranges payment of freight fees and other associated charges.
- Keeps track of shipping status using assigned systems.
- Issues invoices to customers according to quotation mutually agreed.
- Updates standard operation procedures (SOPs).
- Prepares quotations according to customers’ requests; Ensures quotations are competitive and reasonably profitable by negotiating with subcontractors and vendors.
- Handles troubleshoots and assists customers in a timely manner to resolve claims talking to the Assistant Manager/Manager depending on the difficulty.
- Provides accurate shipping information to custom brokers for timely clearance.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to the Supervisor/Assistant Manager for a solution.
- Maintains good communication with managers, supervisors, coworkers, and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area and organizing data and documents.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Assistant Manager.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or more than 1 year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of higher education and experience. (Supervisor position needs more than 3 years experience)
- Attendance & Punctuality
- Customer Service
- Initiative/Follow Through
- Problem Solving
- Time Management