GeneCoda has been retained to identify and evaluate candidates, for a Program Director.
About Our Client:
Our client is a privately held, autonomous nonprofit foundation that focuses on funding innovative biomedical research with the potential to benefit children.
Our client seeks a Program Director with a discernible record of leadership in science and technology. The individual will report to the foundation’s President and will be responsible for supporting an existing, finely tuned process.
The Program Director must have the ability to understand a wide range of life science and engineering technologies and their application across the spectrum of disciplines, a strong desire to accelerate early-stage and cutting-edge scientific research to reach productive goals, as well as the gravitas and skill to interpret and communicate the foundation vision while maintaining the respect of physicians, scientists, engineers and academic leadership across the multiple academic research institutions with which the foundation interacts.
The position requires someone who is naturally inquisitive and highly intelligent, a tenacious personality with their own high standards; a self-starter driven to accomplish and who has already achieved significant success; and an individual with the desire and the passion to make a difference in the lives of children. The successful candidate must be a competent and confident decision-maker, curious and open to intellectual challenge, given to thoughtful analysis and most importantly, someone who is willing to listen and learn from others to support a team.
- Provides internal consultative recommendations on funding strategic or applied biomedical research, as well as oversight of funded proposals.
- Communicates the foundation's vision through productive interaction with scientists, engineers, academic leadership, and the foundation’s board members.
- Identifies and assists in management of external collaborations between the foundation, funded researchers, participating institutions and external third parties.
- Meets quarterly with funded researchers by video conference in order to evaluate and offer encouragement, advice and assistance regarding the progress of their research, including leveraging available resources, management of intellectual property, clinical translation of research, and budget accountability.
- Assists with development of the foundation annual meeting of biomedical research, including agenda, supporting documentation and administration of related activities.
- Assists in guiding the design, promotion, delivery and quality of foundation programs and services, including big data technologies.
Education: Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. in life sciences with an established academic track record, including published research.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Discernible record of leadership directing biomedical R&D in diagnostics and/or pharmaceuticals, including bringing products to market.
- Strong interpersonal verbal skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Persistent, curious, open to intellectual challenge, given to thoughtful analysis.
- A "big-picture" thinker who is creative in the ability to think outside the box.
- Prepared to listen and learn in order to realize a new level of success.
- The presence, intelligence and charisma to achieve the respect of institutional leadership; capable of opening doors and keeping such doors open for the foundation.
- A desire to magnify influence and leverage impact through leadership across a larger audience.
- Self-Actualization: drive to achieve one’s full potential through creativity and independence
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.