Title: Food Service Worker
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1768419951
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Food Service Worker to work on-site with our client, Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
- Welcome and connect with every customer to provide excellent customer service.
- Prepares an extensive variety of hot or cold meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking on a grill, oven, or in a variety of kitchen equipment. Cold food items include salads, salad dressings, cold plates, sandwiches, hors d’oeuvres.
- Test food items for proper texture, temperature, doneness, and flavor.
- Prepare hot and cold food for meals according to recipes and directions.
- Responsible for preparing, cooking, plating and serving of hot and cold starters and appetizers.
- Assist in determining amounts to be prepared, including starting amounts and batch sizes.
- Read recipes and follow instructions to make sure food is prepared with excellent quality, correctly and on-time.
- Check food supplies needed to ensure availability. Order supplies from storeroom when needed.
- Prep for the following day. Ensure food is prepared, labeled and ready for use.
- Assists in food prep during off-peak periods.
- Record last minute menu changes.
- Order supplies from storeroom and prepare menu items
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area.
- Communicate clearly with management and other personnel. Bring issues to their attention if needed for resolution. Ensure accurate information is provided to a management.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Washes, peels, chops, slices, dices and mixes vegetables and fruits and other ingredients for salads, cold plates and garnishes.
- Carves and slices cold meats, cheese and prepares seafood. Prepares composite salads.
- Complete production records at meal time.
- Report production counts in production sheet.
- Washes and cleans all utensils, preparation equipment, counters required for production in the pantry area.
- Ensures that sanitation and food handling safety standards are followed and maintained.
- Adhere to Uniform guidelines and personal hygiene standards.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in kitchen preparation and cooking, with an understanding of proper food handling and safety, knowledge of safety and sanitation standards, and culinary fundamentals (i.e. knife skills, HACCP, methods of cooking, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as a cooperative team member.
- Must have prior catering experience.
- Must be service-oriented, courteous and professional.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers and co-workers.
- Must adhere to the department policies and procedures.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.