Hire Standard is recruiting 3-6 workers on behalf of our client for a Food Service Helper position located in Suffield, Alberta
(30 minutes outside Medicine Hat).Position Summary:
Assists in the preparation and delivery of meals, cleans kitchen, dining room, and food preparation tools, and unloads trucks delivering food.We are offering $17.00 per hour for this position.Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation of food, independently and/or as part of a team, including peeling and cleaning vegetables, cutting cakes, breads, and cheese, and slicing meat.
- Operates cash registers and point of sale terminals to collect meal charges from clients.
- Assists in the receiving, unloading, and storage of food items.
- Gathers food supplies from the ration room/cooler/storage areas and delivers them to the meal preparation area.
- Delivers food products and services to clients in a dining room and serving areas, through box lunches, dispersed meals, sandwich bars, and on occasion provides table service and replenishes items as required.
- Cleans, uses, and maintains food services facilities, fixed and portable equipment such as dishwasher, coffee pots, pots and pans, and utensils. Reports any equipment problems immediately to supervisor.
- Assists in storing and distributing food and non-food service supplies t the appropriate area of the kitchen and/or dining facility. This includes the weighing, portioning, packaging, and labelling of products and ingredients.
- Cleans and disinfects work surfaces and equipment as well as floors and dining areas.
- Provides information to supervisors regarding problems and/or issues in serving areas.
- Must be able to pass a government-level security clearance
- Able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 kg
- Cash handling skills
- Experience using point of sale terminals
- Communication skills
- Basic arithmetic skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to learn
- Adheres to safety procedures for food handling, food storage, and operation of kitchen equipment
- Uses appropriate personal protective equipment for work conditions (including but not limited to high noise levels, heat, cold, working with chemicals while cleaning, and environmental conditions while receiving supplies)
- Responsible and a team player
- Kitchen/food service experience an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered will be contacted.
By applying to this position you agree to receive email communication from Hire Standard.