Our client, a food manufacturer with a location in Kansas City, has an opening for an experienced 3rd shift Food Safety and Quality Assurance SupervisorResponsibilities Include:
- Responsible to train new and current FSQA employees.
- Inspect value streams and processes for compliance with standards, determining methods to resolve any issues that arise.
- Be able to work flexible hours
- Coordinate scheduling of direct reports
- Provide team leadership and support through daily actions, coaching, and guidance to staff.
- Participate in reviewing plant microbiology lab monitoring programs.
- Help maintain compliance of HACCP, SSOP plans and QA and Manufacturing programs for the plant.
- Execute process control audits and recognize deviations.
- Assist with the HAACP verification and reviews for all areas of plant.
- Help organize SQF training, to include scheduling weekly QA trainings
- Implement processes to review Standardized Work to align with Quality and Food Safety policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and clarifies the QA policies and procedures.
- Lead/Participate in Root Cause problem solving events at the facility.
- Ensure compliance with all plant related KPI’s.
- BS degree – Food Science or related field, required
- 3 years food processing experience required
- 1-3 years management experience preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience with food safety and quality programs
- Familiar with USDA/FSIS and/or FDA labeling policies and processing requirements, preferred
- HACCP / SQF certification preferred
For consideration submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to apply online