endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Food Quality Technician (2nd Shift)
Primary responsibility is to inspect and/or monitor raw materials, packaging, and production processes to verify compliance to specifications, Food Safety and Quality programs & policies, as well as any applicable regulatory legislation (i.e., FDA, ODA, ODH).
- Perform random inspections of fresh and frozen raw materials
- Verify that raw materials and packaging meet the specification acceptance criteria for piece size, color, weight, defects, and foreign material.
- Verify raw material ingredient labels match those on file.
- Verify that temperature-controlled materials are at the proper temperature.
- Place on QA Hold any raw materials or packaging that do meet specification requirements.
- Perform product evaluations during operations to ensure compliance to product specifications
- Verify scales for accuracy using a standard weight at start up and any time accuracy becomes questionable.
- Verify that ingredient weights are accurate, fruit/slurry temperatures meet specification target, product meets the minimum Net Weight and that labels and code dates are correct on all packaging.
- Perform sensory analysis of products when required to ensure products have the proper appearance, smell, and taste.
- Create Lot tags for ingredients as received.
- Verify that the X-Ray units are operating correctly via direct observations, record review, or performance of an X-Ray monitoring check.
- Verify that ingredients being used are wholesome and not being contaminated through improper handling or storage, that the cooler is maintaining a temperature that is adequate to prevent spoilage of ingredients being stored, that employees are following proper GMP’s to prevent contamination of products from biological, chemical, or physical hazards and that Food Safety Plan and production checks are performed as required and at the established frequencies.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Working knowledge of Food Safety.
- Willingness to work 2nd shift (3-11 M-F)
- Good absentee and performance record
- Solid Interpersonal communication skills