Summary: A Senior Food Process Engineer at Shambaugh is
expected to perform quality food process engineering design services in a
professional manner so projects are implemented that meet or exceed our
customer’s satisfaction for schedule and budget.
Duties and Job Responsibilities:
Flow diagrams and specifications have been developed in accordance
with customer requirements, Shambaugh & Son, L.P. standards and
specifications, and Federal, State and Local regulatory agency
- Mass balance calculations have been developed and provided to the
customer for review and confirmation of project production design
criteria. These documents can
include: production time line
studies, capacity usage studies, product mass flow calculations, etc.
- The process utility spreadsheet is filled out and distributed to the
other project disciplines identifying the utility service needs of the
project process design.
- A process design narrative is prepared that clearly and concisely
communicates the overall process design production criteria to the
- A detailed scope of work is prepared that clearly and concisely
communicates our scope of work to both our clients and the estimating
- Standard practices pertaining to engineering calculations,
spreadsheets, equipment schedules, standard details, piping methods, and
control sequences are utilized as much as possible and incorporated into
the project documents.
- Develop project installation requirements (materials of
construction, installation methods, etc.) to adequately convey our scope
of work and level of quality to our client, internal estimating staff and
field installation staff.
- Equipment specifications / schedules and RFQ’s have been assembled
as required to enable quick and accurate responses to inquiries by up to
three competitive bidders as required.
- For projects that proceed to construction:
- Project documents (i.e.
Approval drawings, equipment specification sheets (cut sheets)
have been distributed to the appropriate project team members in a timely
- A written functional description has been prepared to describe
required operation of the process design to the Shambaugh automation
- Provide on site engineering support for an existing construction
project, which could include regular site visits or temporary relocation
to the project site, to ascertain that the systems and equipment that
encompass the process design are being installed properly.
- Projects are commissioned (including trouble shooting) and owner
operators are trained.
degree in Agricultural, Chemical, Mechanical or Food Process Engineering
years of experience across one or more industries with design and project
emphasis in the Food and Beverage industry (breweries, bottlers, dairies,
confectionary producers, etc)
to work independently or a team environment
is expected with this position, duration determined as required for project
design and execution
literate with MS Office product offerings including Excel, Word, Powerpoint
etc, proficiency in AutoCad is a plus
communicate clearly and effectively, in both written and oral work
applicants must have legal authorization to work in the United States