endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
endevis is working with a manufacturing leader to find a Fleet Supervisor. The Fleet Supervisor will be responsible for analyzing and designing routes to maximize truck utilization, improve efficiency, meet customer delivery times while ensuring the safety of the drivers, trucks, and products.
You will be responsible for:
- Accurately maintain equipment locations, repairs needed, and routes. Communicate any changes immediately to those affected by routes changes.
- Use backhaul system to obtain backhauls on a regular basis on any route with available space and time. Work with shippers to procure loads that are beneficial and are paid according to proper rates/values for the load and will work with equipment. Serve as liaison between shipper and drivers to ensure smooth pickups and drop-offs. Ensure paperwork is turned in to complete billing cycle.
- Track backhaul credits on shared spreadsheet to ensure visibility.
- Communicate any delivery delays/issues to internal members ASAP.
- Coordinate tractor/trailer maintenance as needed, remain current with equipment notes in the event a piece isn’t able to be used or is not on premise. Coordinate as necessary to transport trailers/trucks to local maintenance shops.
- Track receipt of and verify costs/estimates on invoices on shared spreadsheet.
- Communicate route/vehicle plans to all drivers weekly and provide them with paperwork for route as needed from route folders if necessary. Maintain the information in the route folders as needed in the event of new/fill-in drivers.
- Strategize routes, shuttles, delivery locations, and customer requirements to maximize routes and efficiencies – and re-align as necessary.
- Schedule and prepare for quarterly driver meetings.
- Be available by phone as needed during off-hours.
- Audit driver timecards and submit as required and for accuracy.
- Prepare outbound and customs paperwork as necessary for shipments to ensure smooth passage.
- Coordinate deliveries with 3rd party shuttle & outsource carriers and audit billing for accuracy.
- Manage driver schedules and approval of all time off
- Audit driver expenses for accuracy and approval according to allowances.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent needed; Bachelor’s degree in Transportation and Logistics preferred
- 3+ years of transportation or fleet experience preferred
- Knowledge of DOT regulations for interstate deliveries.
- Strong computer and software skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.