Fleet Services Support Specialist
Fleet Services Support Specialist - $16.64/hour
Assist in the supervision of equipment mechanics and assigned staff, develop specifications for equipment purchases, and coordinate the purchasing process under general supervision. Example of Duties Work in this classification requires an individual to be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary classification functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this classification may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in this classification description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this description. TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Receives vehicles in need of maintenance or repair; ensuring that Vehicle Discrepancy Reports are properly completed. Schedules vehicle repairs, preventive maintenance, and inspections. Consults with Automotive Technicians to identify needed repairs and estimates time needed to complete such repairs. Opens work orders for repair and maintenance of all county light/medium automobiles and trucks. Schedules and coordinates vehicle repairs needed to be completed by outside repair facilities. Uses an Electronic Fleet Information Management System to maintain records of: Vehicle repairs and maintenance; Warranty information; Other appropriate information. Processes and tracks work orders; communicates with departments regarding vehicle repair status. Responds to questions or concerns from internal customers regarding vehicle repairs and maintenance. Performs minor repairs of vehicles as needed. Works in accordance with generally accepted automotive shop safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions and activities to the Automotive Fleet Manager. Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records, and restricted County information and perform other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- A minimum of two years experience performing one or more fleet operations functions including: Ordering, receiving and issuing automotive parts and supplies in a commercial, automotive repair facility.
- Reserving, dispatching, or maintaining motor pool or rental vehicles.
- Creating automotive repair and maintenance work orders.
- Completing minor repairs and maintenance of motor vehicles.
- Direct interface with customers of a commercial vehicle repair facility or a large (100 vehicles) fleet operation.
- Valid Arizona State Driver's License.
- Technical certifications from National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
For more information, contact Christine Hawn at 602 788-5890 ext 123 or email at email@example.com