Fixed Asset Manager - Duluth, GA
The Fixed Asset Manager is responsible for maintaining the general ledger and detailed records for all fixed asset transactions and the timely completion of month-end accounting and reporting functions. The required skills and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate with operations, engineering, and accounting departments to ensure routine as well as unusual transactions are processed timely and appropriately.
- Ensure all fixed asset balance sheet reconciliations are completed and reviewed on a timely basis (monthly, quarterly, and year-end).
- Prepare monthly fixed assets and construction in progress roll forward reports for US and foreign entities.
- Provide monthly reporting to senior levels of management.
- Manage 3 Fixed Asset Accountants including training, mentoring, and supervision.
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure the proper accounting and integration of company acquisitions.
- Ensure construction project costs are properly accounted for and completed projects are capitalized timely, including go live dates for depreciation
- Ensure repair costs are capitalized or expensed as appropriate.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Department Desk Manual, including departmental policies and procedures.
- Identify and implement process improvement projects and procedures. Post and maintain the policies on the Company’s intranet.
- Prepare audit schedules for external audits and provide requested information to the auditors.
- Conduct accounting research and apply GAAP to fixed asset accounting processes and transactions.
- Maintain a clear and concise audit trail regarding journal entries, analytical procedures, and general ledger reconciliations.
- Ensure assets are added at the appropriate depreciation.
- Ad hoc projects, analyses, reports, and future projects as assigned such as implementing new Lease Accounting standard procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 6 to 8 yrs. of experience in a manufacturing accounting environment. (Must currently be serving in a Fixed Asset role)
- Previous supervision experience required.
- Experience with a large ERP system required (JD Edwards a plus).
- Advanced knowledge and use of office productivity tools (Microsoft Office Excel and Access).
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet monthly deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong analytical problem solving and IT skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to demonstrate diplomacy when necessary.
- Previous public accounting experience or CPA a plus.
- Experience with database queries (SQL or query tool) and reporting a plus.
- Microsoft Office – Excel, Access and Word
- JD Edwards World
Showcase – database query and report writing tool similar to Crystal Reports
Click here to apply online