Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, New York (Bohemia) has an exciting opening for a First Piece Inspector. This is a full-time role where the successful candidate will perform First Piece Inspection using CMM and surface plate. The pay range is $24/hr to $30/hr. This position operates under the day shift.
- Perform First Piece Inspection using CMM and surface plate.
- Document and set-ups.
- Report Findings
- Interface with manufacturing and engineering personnel.
- Fixture /tooling Inspection.
- Filing of documents.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in precision machine parts inspection
- Ability to read B/Ps, specifications, GDT 14.5 and knowledge of shop Math.
- Ability to use measuring equipment.
- Casting and forging Lay-out.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other people.
- Knowledge of PCDMIS software.
- Ability to operate CMM
- Ability to use computer software MS Word, Excel.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)