Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for a First Article Engineer
- Full Time – 3 Month Temporary Contract.
- Weekdays: Monday-Thursday 07:30-1645, Friday 07:30-12:00
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
Our successful candidate will be responsible for completing First Article Inspection reports to satisfy Magellan, customer and Aerospace standards.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Liaise with internal departments to build information packs for FAI
- To complete First Article Inspection reports to satisfy Magellan, customer and Aerospace standards. eg AS9102
- Attend internal meetings as required
- Attend review meetings with Magellan project leaders and customers on quality related issues
- Investigate internal & external non-conformances, maintain data base where appropriate (In house NCR’s)
- To carry out and assist investigations into NCR’s, CAR’s and customer complaints.
- Work instruction updating and writing.
- To review inspection criteria as part of FAI
- To ensure adherence to the Quality Management System in all quality aspects.
- HNC / HND, Degree or Equivalent in mechanical engineering or Aerospace
- 5 years experience in Aerospace
- Able to create FAI reports and review content against Magellan, customer and Aerospace standards. eg AS9102
- Analytical skills, IT skills to include Microsoft Office Products and EFACS, be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and all associated documentation
- Read and understand technical reports and customer drawings.
- Open mind with can do attitude, must be a team player
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!