endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Experienced Firmware Engineer needed for Project Team on Level-4 AV Program.
The global technology leader in ADAS (active safety, cameras, radar, all the amazing new tech in cars) is expanding rapidly and looking for a strong engineer to function in a key role on a project team developing a sophisticated data storage system for a level-4 vehicle.
This is ground-breaking technology not in the market yet and this is a direct-hire position.
They are emerging as the global technology leader in the fastest growing segment of automotive technology and in the last 12 months they have booked enough business to take them from $3.5b to $6b in sales – a 40% increase in orders over the prior year!
This position is located in a newly created global technology center and corporate headquarters (they are US-based) in the northern / central Detroit metro area.
- Autonomous Vehicle Firmware Engineer
- Southfield, Michigan, United States
- Understand hardware at the schematic, layout and component level
- Basic understanding of FPGA based SOC
- Become a key member of an application design team for automotive ECUs, including restraint control, vision, radar, and autonomous features
- Proficient in device driver development (UART, I2C, SPI, GPIO, USB, CAN, Ethernet, PCIE)
- Configuration of ethernet switch/PHY, PCIE, MIPI pipeline
- Development of test process and code to exercise all conceivable paths for device configuration and processor boot
- Enable hw integration, verification and validation
- Capable of developing, documenting, and testing firmware in C++ and C
- Minimum Bachelor's Science Degree, CS or CE preferred, EE w/ strong sw
- 5+ years of relevant integration/qualification engineering experience in the electronics industry
- Automotive EE safety/AV system domain (vision, radar, LiDAR, ADAS, HAD, restraint control) or aerospace preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal, communications and listening skills
- Strong problem solver with an analytical mindset
- Commitment to excellence
- Strong software skills, compile, debug, sourcing/selecting ext/int sw components/SDK
- Preferred to be able to make minor software mods to support testing, else spec to sw team
- Experience with low-level debugging tools (e.g. logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, JTAG debuggers
- Extensive LINUX/QNX
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.