Deliver the best solution to our customers’ by accurately assessing their needs and presenting the most effective technology solutions.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consulting: Be the professional technical “expert” in sales situations by consulting with customers, recommending solutions, and demonstrating products. Specifically identify key customer needs and produce a solution that best meets those needs.
- Designs: Design systems that best fit the customers’ needs independent of price. Be able to communicate the features, benefits, and business value of your solution.
- Site Surveys: Effectively capture site conditions, device locations, and cable pathways, to accurately quote the system components and labor.
- Quotes: Provides quotes that are accurate, timely, and with appropriate detail to effectively present our solution to the customer.
- Job Files: Produce detailed and accurate project documentation that permits the Operations team to successfully implement the project.
- Training: Maintain knowledge of your industry/technology. Achieve and maintain required industry certifications in accordance with CEC policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION RESULTS DESCRIPTION
- Quoting Efficiency - >30%
- Overages - <5%
- Unfunded Change Orders - < 0.50% of closed business
- Quote Turnaround - > 90% by customer due date
- Two year degree from an accredited college, university, or technical institution with coursework in communications, business, or Technology, or substitute 2 years pertinent experience for each year of education. Plus one year working experience in a corporation, involved in multiple work functions and/or management environment within the communications industry.
- Industry technical certification such as CTS, NICET 2, or BICSI (if relevant to industry)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Excellent Presentation Skills, large and small groups
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.