Objective: Carry out the Company’s mission, goals and objectives as established; responsible for performing building fire alarm and life safety system inspections, including testing devices, recording and generating results, and providing reports.
- Inspections: Perform fire protection inspections and preventative maintenance services.
- Communications: Maintain professional, timely, communication with inspection team and customers.
- Organization: Ability to effectively utilize technical resources, information and materials to assure efficient execution of tasks.
- Follow-Up: Monitor and assure the progress and completion of assigned tasks.
- Project documentation: Implement all available tools to accurately document any updates/changes made to a project or customer. Complete and submit all required task-related, activity, productivity, and documentation, in a timely manner.
- Maintain appropriate training requirements: Upon completion of one year of employment, coordinate (with supervisor) NICET I certification. Must successfully complete during year two of employment.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Preferred two-year degree from an accredited college or university with course work in electronics or telecommunications preferred
- General understanding of CEC’s technology solutions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated customer interface skills.
- Skill in planning, organizing, controlling and implementing goals and objectives
- Interpersonal skills that develop and maintain trust and respect of employees and facilitate problem solving.
- Ability to effectively handle stressful situations and to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with office technology including MS Office Suite, (Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio).
- Ability to work independently with no supervision.
- Ability to handle confidential information and issues in an appropriate manner.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively speak and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Lifting of objects is required, as well as reaching, grasping and carrying.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and troubleshooting activities.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.