Objective: Carry out the Company’s mission, goals and objectives as established; responsible for performing building fire alarm and life safety system inspections, including testing devices, recording and generating results, and providing reports.
- Inspections: Perform fire protection inspections and preventative maintenance services.
- Communications: Maintain professional, timely, communication with inspection team and customers.
- Organization: Ability to effectively utilize technical resources, information and materials to assure efficient execution of tasks.
- Follow-Up: Monitor and assure the progress and completion of assigned tasks.
- Project documentation: Implement all available tools to accurately document any updates/changes made to a project or customer. Complete and submit all required task-related, activity, productivity, and documentation, in a timely manner.
- Maintain appropriate training requirements: Upon completion of one year of employment, coordinate (with supervisor) NICET I certification. Must successfully complete during year two of employment.
- Other Duties as Assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EXTERNAL):
- Two year degree from an accredited college or university with course work in electronics or telecommunications
- NICET I Fire Alarm
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must obtain ESA 1 license within the first 30 days of hire (Iowa only)
- Aligns with CEC Values
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (INTERNAL):
- 1 year experience in CEC
- NICET I Fire Alarm
- Proficient rating or higher in performance appraisal
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated customer interface skills.
- Skill in planning, organizing, controlling and implementing goals and objectives
- Interpersonal skills that develop and maintain trust and respect of employees and facilitate problem solving.
- Ability to effectively handle stressful situations and to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with office technology including MS Office Suite, (Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio).
- Ability to work independently with no supervision.
- Ability to handle confidential information and issues in an appropriate manner.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively speak and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Lifting of objects up to 40 pounds is required, as well as reaching, grasping and carrying.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and troubleshooting activities.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Pre-employment drug screening required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.