Support the Fire and Security department on commissioning, certifying and servicing of fire and security electronic systems and technologies.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting the installation of access control, video security, RF, and fire alarm systems, by terminating, programing, testing and training on those CEC provided solutions.
- Documentation of device layout, IP addresses, network details, tickets, and time reporting.
- Provide a project status updates to the CEC PMO team.
- Provide support for CECs Engineering group, including project walk-throughs, for customer supported systems.
- Works in conjunction with other electronic system technicians to gain knowledge and insight of all equipment.
- Ensure a high level of quality workmanship with aligns with CEC quality standards.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Maintain full compliance of CEC safety program.
- Participate in CEC’s 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two-year degree in electronics-related curriculum, or 1 year or applicable low-voltage technical experience.
- Proven ability to learn and operate within new computer software applications.
- Must have a coachable, team-player attitude.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and the ability to travel to customer locations.
- Willing to travel overnight on occasion (roughly 10%).
PREFERRED EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years applicable experience installing and programming fire alarms.
- Experience in EST fire alarms, Milestone video, Lenel access control, and Genetec access control and video.
- Networking or IP configuration experience
- Must possess or obtain a NICET II certification within two years.
- Current EST 3 certification.
- Proven ability to be extremely self-sufficient, completing projects and tasks with minimal oversight or directions.
- Strong problem solving with creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientated.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to work in a team environment to produce results.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of communications systems, including audio video, security, card access, fire alarm, RF, IT networking.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Microsoft products is preferred.
- Must have an understanding of IT networking/servers.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Heavy lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located at customer locations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.