Deliver the best solution to our customers’ by accurately assessing their needs and presenting the most effective technology solutions.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Quoting and designing a system that best fits the customers needs. The quoting process would include plan specification review, design build, and take-offs (identifying all devices engineered outside of CEC project scope).
- Produce detailed and accurate project documentation that permits the field staff and operations teams to successfully implement the project. Documentation packages may include AHJ submittals for government agencies as well as other submittal packages to Electrical or General Contractors as needed.
- Consulting with the customer with possible pre and post sales meetings, recommending solutions and if needed, demonstrating products.
- Site surveys and thorough walk throughs to capture site conditions, device locations, and cable pathways, to accurately quote the system components and labor.
- Project review and analysis when needed to ensure the CEC Experience is realized across CEC’s entire customer base. Project analysis can include kick-off meetings and/or post-project meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION RESULTS DESCRIPTION
- Quoting Efficiency - >30%
- Overages - <5%
- Unfunded Change Orders - < 0.25% of closed business
- Quote Turnaround - > 90% by customer due date
- 2 years of experience designing, installing, servicing OR troubleshooting low voltage fire and security systems such as CCTV, card access, OR fire alarm.
- Discernable knowledge of F&S systems including device installation, programming, cut-overs, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience designing Fire and Security systems.
- Two OR four year degree from an accredited institution, with course work in electrical engineering, telecommunications, networking, or other relatable fields of study.
- Current industry certifications such as NICET or BICSI.
- Experience with CEC products and vendors; EST, Milestone, Genetec, Lenel, Commend, Avigilon, Axis.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Excellent Presentation Skills, large and small groups
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.