Finishing and Packaging Manager who will work within the Finishing and Packaging department and report to the Plant Manger. As the Finishing and Packaging Manager you will oversee all Finishing and Packaging activities including rewinding and slitting operations and manage the team members within that department. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team and at a fast pace. Responsibilities: • • Ensuring Finishing and Packaging SOPs are followed • Coordination of tasks for daily production • Creating, managing and reporting plan vs actual results • Training and development of team members • Employee reviews and discipline as required • Control inventory within the department • Position Objective
The Manager - Finishing Department is responsible for safety, department KPI's, personnel crewing, quality management of the department, and coordinating and communicating all jobs on a daily basis to Production Manager & Plant Management.
- Ensures safety is the primary focus for the department. Promotes and practices safety awareness and the proper use of equipment. - Coordinate and communicate effectively with the set-up of all jobs ie. rewinding/slitting - Ensure accuracy of paperwork process flow within reroll - Follow up on root cause and corrective action for any Finishing internal / external errors - Work with, support and develop finishing machine operators and team leads
- Following up on jobs - Special projects
- Staffing/scheduling/personnel issues
- Overall crewing and scheduling of production staff - Work with and utilize Working Team Lead as a resource - Prioritize re-roll production schedule. This includes production crewing, vacation, leaves, sick time offs - Payroll timesheet accuracy on a weekly basis - Responsible for attending monthly training and development meetings and reporting out on the development of team members within the reroll department - Performance management and reviews within reroll
- May operate a finishing machine - Field questions from finishing machine operators - Make quality judgment calls, effectively troubleshoot through general production issues (i.e., Radius, AVT, production schedule, etc.). - Effectively trouble shoot through general finishing production issues - Follow Standard Operating Procedures (e.g. paperwork, quality) - Radius reports- run, review and edit all radius reports - 2nd sign completed items and move pallets from finishing to shipping - Complete paperwork required to document jobs produced and collect samples - Maintain, track, and analyze plant KPI data and post information on plant display boards - Support all departments on Radius-related issues - Actively participates in CI projects, including facilitation of meetings, submitting and maintaining all project documentation - Monitor estimated vs. actual report daily for variances in material and time logged; fixing as necessary. - Monitor all closed jobs for production performance - Lead bi-monthly department meetings Click here to apply online