BCTG’s direct client is looking for a Financial Systems Analyst. This person will possess deep understanding of IT financial ecosystem in retail industry environment. Serve as a technical/ business consultant to Finance team on new system initiatives, modifications, and enhancements. Must have Infor experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and maintain documentation for financial systems and interfaces.
- Working with Financial Systems Manager, evaluate requests, collect requirements, and consult in design for new solutions and system enhancements.
- Identify and recommend solutions for more efficient system processes while ensuring IT/Finance best practices.
- Formulate and develop plans at a high level and documents required steps to complete project requests. Reviews plans with management/peers as appropriate.
- Functions as a technical/business consultant to the financial system and maintains high service levels.
- Updates management, business partners and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues.
- All key components of financial systems (AP, GL, AR, Cash Management, Fixed Assets, etc.)
- One or more major financial/accounting systems mandatory.
- Infor Lawson Financial System highly desired.
- Payment technologies desired.
- Retail and/or Wholesale industry desired.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or combination of related work experience and education
- Min. 5 years of business analyst or consultant experience in IT Financial/Accounting systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Project management experience