Financial Reporting Manager
Financial Reporting Manager - Alpharetta
The Financial Reporting Manager is responsible forthe preparation of consolidated financial reportsas well as the establishment and maintenance of accounting policy. Responsibilities include preparing, analyzing, and communicating the Companys consolidated financialstatements and ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting. This position addresses strict deadlines and performs a multitude of accounting activities including financial consolidation preparation and reporting, transaction analysis, technical accounting research and communications, and year-end audit preparation and support. The position requires a high degree of discretion, sound judgment, and initiative. Strong organizational, communication, and planning skills are required. The Financial Reporting Manager will have contact with the Companys executive management which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. This role requires the ability to think and work independently but necessitates working in a team environment.
Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of all financial information. Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting process and suggest, discuss, and implement improvements where necessary.
Responsible for ensuring controls related to financial reporting and revenue recognition are in place, documented and functioning
Assists with monthly and quarterly close, including preparation of account reconciliations and journal entries, as needed
Reviews contracts including newly executed and already existing agreements
Research accounting issues, assist in establishing accounting policy and documentation of policies for internal and auditor review
Prepare proper supporting documentation and memos for efficient review by the auditors
Work closely with the auditors through the audits and other review procedures
Assists in coordination of SOX Compliance including documentation and testing as required.
Communicate accounting policies, procedures, and financial results with management and respond to inquiries from the CFO, Controller, and other managers regarding financial results and special reporting requests. Research, document and communicate accounting methodologies for special transactions and situations.
Assist with the fiscal year-end close and consolidation process. Assist with financial statement audit work paper preparation and respond to inquiries from auditors.
Create accounting records, memorandums, and files that document special transaction details related to mergers, acquisitions, and unique transactions and advise and develop journal entries to record transactions accurately.
- 5+ years accounting experience with strong financial reporting and SEC reporting experience
- 4+ years experience in Big 4 public accounting
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), SEC rules and regulations an external reporting requirements.
- Strong understanding and experience with revenue recognition pronouncements and accounting treatment
- Acquisition and integration experience a plus
- Advanced Excel skills requires, proficiency in other MS office products including word and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with Lawson, Cognos and TM1 a plus
- Good overall business acumen
- Self motivated and collaborative, proactive approach to solving problems
- Excellent technical accounting, analytical and teamwork skill
- Ability to work under pressure and in a time constrained environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible, adaptable and hands on approach
- Requires attention to detail and solid documentation techniques
Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
MBA is a plus