The Sr. Business Analyst is a key part of the Leadership Team as they work to the grow distribution and increase overall profitability for the business. The position will report to the General Manager and will be based in Swedesboro, New Jersey.
The Sr. Business Analyst performs a wide range of duties that may include, but are not limited to:
• Working closely with the leadership team to formulate the business's medium to long term financial and strategic plan.
• Work collaboratively with the Sales, Marketing, and Operations leaders to build their annual budgets and forecasts.
• Generate costing and pricing models to ensure profitability and growth opportunities.
• Analyze the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), especially relating to financial metrics such as sales, expenditures, and profit margin.
• Monitor KPIs and identify the cause of any unexpected variances
• Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast
• Ad-hoc business performance reporting
• Implement a business intelligence tool and dashboard reports to generate data-driven analysis
• Develop financial models and analyze them to support strategic initiatives such as innovation development and feasibility
• Analyzing financial and operational results to better understand company performance
• Provide detailed analysis and commentary on monthly and quarterly results
• Preparing business cases to support new investment, strategic and other business decisions.
• Reviewing existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for improvement efforts.
• Recommend opportunities for improvements that can lead to enhanced margins, cost reduction, revenue generation, and increased growth.
• Provide insights to senior management around financial modeling, forecasts, and profitability.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related field.
• Strong commitment to Teamwork and working in a Matrix Management environment.
• Solid Verbal and Written Communications skills
• Minimum 7-10 Yrs. Experience in a similar role, with experience in the food industry a plus.
• ERP experience required
• Microsoft Office applications proficiency a must with above average Excel knowledge
• Understanding manufacturing operations, yields, and logistics is a must
• Perishable food, meat or poultry industries experience a huge plus.
• Travel up to 25%
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with annual bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.