Position: Financial Education Specialist I - MFCJP00003548
Duration: 10 months
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Contract Financial Education Specialist (FES) role’s mandate is to:
- Educate plan members at enrollment and on an ongoing basis through group educational presentations, webinars, trade shows and one-on-one assistance; engage plan members to maximize their contributions and transfer of assets.
- Support the Manager, Financial Education in achieving the overall mandate for the area.
As a Contract FES, you can expect to:
- Deliver successful educational sessions for both new and existing corporate clients with the goal of growing the amount of new enrolments, maximizing contributions and plan membership and asset transfers in – which contributes to internal overall revenue targets Work in partnership with the lead FES for large or national business - be the face and voice of the Education team; provide feedback on presentation; conduct dry run and client sessions and, support FES Team to organize and execute education sessions Work in partnership with other FES to ensure successful education sessions in other regions – providing all client material, information and training requirements Understand the needs of the plan sponsor, advisor and employees to ensure customer satisfaction
As a Contract FES, you have the following experience:
- Undergraduate degree with minimum of 2 years relevant experience Life license or willing to complete it within 12 months
- Following designations would be an asset: RPA designation or willing to complete within 18 months of being in the role; PFP or CFP; IFIC or Canadian Securities Course Investment, legislation and privacy regulations background
- Excellent knowledge of group retirement products and member retirement savings / investment tools, pension industry in Canada.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and innovative thinking skills
- Strong presentation skills with proven ability to present high impact presentations
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong client and relationship management skills
- Strong business planning and project management
- Travel is required.
- The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and access to a car Prepared to work non-standard hours and weekends