Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The Financial Controller prepares, develops and analyses key financial information to ensure that Magellan Aerospace management make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
The key function of the role is the provision of timely and reliable monthly reporting and analysis for both corporate head office in Canada and to site and regional operational management. Alongside this, the role is responsible for maintaining sound internal controls and for leading and managing the site finance team.
In the medium term, the finance function should be moving from merely delivering numbers into a business partnering role supporting and driving improvements to efficiency and profitability. This involves working closely with operational management to provide meaningful financial insight.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Prepare timely monthly financial reporting to corporate and to local management, including commentary and analysis, ensuring corporate timetables are met
- Support operational managers in understanding of their financial performance and provide decision support.
- Lead and manage the site finance team and transactional processes
- Manage site budgeting and forecasting and strategic planning processes.
- Advise on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Offer professional judgement on financial matters and advise on ways of improving business performance
- Communicate relevant financial information to non-financial managers
- Liaise with other function managers on financial decisions
- Monitor and evaluate financial information systems and suggest improvements where needed
- Review capex requirements in terms of meeting agreed objectives (cost and performance)
- Manage and maintain effective internal controls
- Engender a culture of continuous improvement to finance processes
- Recognised accounting qualification desirable but not essential
- Significant management/cost accounting experience in a larger manufacturing/engineering business
- Exceptional numerical and commercial interpretation and forecasting
- High degree of computational analysis
- Strong problem-solving ability with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with SAP HANA (desirable) or similar ERP systems
- Good Excel skills
- Resilient under pressure – able to prioritise and focus on deliverables
- Comfortable with an environment of change and ambiguity
- Proven manager of a team - able to motivate, influence and coach
- Effective communicator at all levels, particularly with non-finance colleagues
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!