Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for Financial Controller
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Greyabbey, County Down BT22 2QE
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
This role is key to establishing and maintaining financial policies and management information systems, as well as provides a high quality support service by liaising with management colleagues on all aspects of finance. The role combines accounting skills with business management skills.
Record financial transactions for project, department, or company. Prepare financial statements for internal and external use. Reconcile spending with budget as part of job costing. Analyse financial performance and forecast longer-term horizons. Prepare, develop and analyse key financial information to ensure that an organisation's management make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Financial control responsibility over Blackpool and Greyabbey divisions
- Management and development of the local finance team
- Preparation of monthly IFRS & management accounts to corporate reporting deadlines
- Implement & manage processes & controls to supply head office (Europe & Corporate) with various periodic reporting information across two companies;
- Annual and monthly sales & financial forecasting;
- Driving and compilation of annual budgets;
- Management of monthly cash flow forecasting
- Development of costing models & margin analysis;
- Review and sign off of monthly / weekly payroll
- Preparation of annual external statutory financial statements;
- Manage relationships with external auditors;
- Preparation of corporation tax calculations including detailed R&D tax credit claim information and liaised with tax advisors;
- ERP (SAP) continuous development and finance super user
- Provide regular & ad hoc reporting information to Operations Director & Managers as well as to departmental managers and corporate directors;
- Supporting operations/HR with pay negotiations e.g. introduction of new shifts, discussions with unions, cost scenario analyses & modelling;
- Prepare and deliver monthly business review presentations to corporate directors on company performance;
- Responsibility for managing/reviewing government returns including VAT, IPR, Intrastat;
- Key member of the Senior Management team driving business performance alongside Site Director
- ACA /ACCA / CIMA qualified
- BA (Hons) in Accounting or similar degree
- Minimum of four years working in a similar role
- Strong impact and influencing skills and total deliver focus.
- Will have the ability to build close working relationships with colleagues. An excellent communicator with a confident manner.
- Advanced user of Microsoft packages, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Current working knowledge of SAP will be beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to quickly grasp and interpret key business requirements
- A proven track record of forging effective key working relationships
- Ability and drive to work with finance and the rest of the business
- Ability to work under pressure
- Developing Direct Reports
- Conflict Management
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Results Driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Extensive understanding of Microsoft packages
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to interact at senior levels within the business
- Ability to gain credibility quickly
- Ability to solve problems and simplify complex situations
- Ability to manipulate, interpret and report on data
- Approachable and engaging in style
- Flexible approach to tasks
- Must have a can do attitude
- Detail orientated
- Measured and calm when under pressure
- Credible – both with the internal and external customer
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!