Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The Financial Controller prepares, develops and analyses key financial information to ensure that Magellan Aerospace management make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
This role is key to establishing and maintaining financial policies and management information systems, as well as provides a high quality support service by liaising with management colleagues on all aspects of finance. The role combines accounting skills with business management skills.
The Financial Controller’s role is to look to the future. To analyze the performance of a business and advise on how to pre-empt problems, adapt to changing circumstances and improve value. This is done by managing and reducing operational and production costs and implementing newer, more effective strategies. They are required to work in both specific division and across the whole organization
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Prepare periodic financial statements. Including (but not limited to); profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flow, variance analysis and financial commentaries
- Provide a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions
- Ensure spend is kept in line with forecasts and budgets
- Inform key strategic decisions and formulate business strategy
- Advise on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Analyse financial performance and contribute to medium- and long-term business plans
- Negotiate on major projects, loans and grants
- Offer professional judgement on financial matters and advise on ways of improving business performance
- Communicate relevant financial information to non-financial managers
- Liaise with other function managers on financial decisions
- Monitor and evaluate financial information systems and suggest improvements where needed
- Chair the quarterly and annual budget meeting to present the projected position of the business against forecast
- Review CAPEX requirements in terms of meeting agreed objectives (cost and performance)
- Report of business and finance department KPI’s
- Control and review of accounting systems and provide suggestion for improvement
- Any other financial duties as required
- Exceptional numerical and commercial interpretation and forecasting
- High degree of computational analysis
- Strong problem-solving ability with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Significant experience working as a Financial Controller (preferably in a Manufacturing/Engineering environment)
- Scale: Revenue £150m, Headcount 550
- Industry: Aerospace, Build to Print
- Organisation Type: International listed, therefore with site reporting responsibilities to corporate.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- High level of leadership and decision making
- Able to motivate, Influence and train people
- Ability to interact with Management at all levels
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal & written communication skills
The job requires frequent travel to external sites to attend meetings and may involve working away from home.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!