Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller (Greyabbey/Blackpool/Poland)
- Full Time Temp Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Financial control responsibility for two UK companies with reporting responsibilities for a Poland subsidiary.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial control responsibility for two UK companies with reporting responsibilities for a Poland subsidiary;
- Managing finance team of five people;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to reporting deadlines for three companies including detailed reporting packs;
- Monthly monitoring & reporting of KPIs and capital expenditure;
- Implement & manage processes & controls to supply head office (Europe & Corporate) with various periodic reporting information across three companies;
- Annual and monthly sales & financial forecasting;
- Driving and compilation of annual budgets;
- Management of cash flow forecasting/budgeting/reporting;
- Development of costing models & margin analysis;
- Management & review of payroll processing & costs;
- Preparation of annual external statutory financial statements;
- Manage relationships with external auditors;
- Preparation of corporation tax calculations including detailed R&D tax credit claim information and liaised with tax advisors;
- Close involvement in working on the ERP systems in conjunction with operations teams as well as IT support;
- Provide regular & ad hoc reporting information to Operations Director & Managers as well as to departmental managers and corporate directors;
- Supporting preparation & monitoring of tactical improvement plans with Operations Director & Managers;
- Other miscellaneous analysis of data & production of reports using Excel;
- Prepare and deliver monthly business review presentations to corporate directors on company performance;
- Responsibility for managing/reviewing government returns including VAT, IPR, Intrastat;
- Miscellaneous company secretarial activities (annual returns, completion of government reporting forms);
- Supervise submission of Invest NI grant claims and production of KPI reports as well as periodic additional reporting for grant providers.
- Requires qualified accountant (Chartered, Certified or CIMA).
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA or similar)
- Minimum of four years working in an accountancy role in an office environment
- Preparation of management & statutory accounts
- Use of ERP/MRP systems & accounting software packages
- Maintenance/processing/reconciliation of general ledgers
- Review of financial controls & processes, making recommendations & implementing improvements
- Experience of purchase ledger, sales ledger control/processing desirable but not essential
- Administration/processing of payroll software e.g. ‘Sage Payroll’ would be preferable
- Dealing with financial queries orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent numerical/mathematical skills
- Use of Microsoft Office (notably Excel) to extract/analyse/reconciliation/present information
Other skills/Abilities/Personal Attributes
- Attention to detail
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!