Magellan Aerospace Limited, Corporate
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Limited is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Corporate team. The successful incumbent will be responsible for accounting and financial reporting of corporate entities and treasury reporting, and assist in group consolidation and reporting, budgeting and forecasting. Reporting to the Assistant Controller and Director of Financial Services, the Financial Analyst will build relationships with the other teams and divisions and providing ad-hoc analysis
- Responsible for accurate financial records of corporate companies, including recording transactions and preparing accounts reconciliations
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements for corporate companies in a timely manner
- Assist in the monthly consolidation process, specifically intercompany elimination
- Prepare quarterly and annual audit working paper for the external auditors, including note disclosures supports
- Assist in budgeting and monthly forecasting processes, including preparing back-up schedules and performing analytical reviews
- Responsible for daily cash accounting and reporting, including performing daily cash reconciliation and intercompany reconciliations
- Coordinate and process the settlement of inter-company transactions on a monthly basis, and intercompany funding transactions as they arise
- Prepare divisional and consolidated cash analysis and reports (AR, AP, CAPEX, borrowing and investing)
- Execute day-to-day banking operation and resolve issues as they arise
- Participate in team initiatives to implement process improvements for financial reporting and treasury
- Complete Statistic Canada and Bureau of Economic Analysis surveys
- Assist with special, on-off projects.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Professional designation or working towards a professional designation
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in financial accounting, reporting and analysis
- Strong analytical skills and an effective communicator
- Deadline driven, strong attention to detail and efficiency oriented with continuous improvement mindset
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office applications
- Knowledge and experience with Sage 50, Prophix or other accounting software would be an asset
- Ability and willingness to take ownership and responsibilities of projects
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)