Financial Analyst - Nashville, TN
To provide support to the Company in the area of financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, accounts payable, payroll, account analysis and reconciliation, and all related areas.
- Compiles monthly management reporting package with financial statements and supporting documentation, reconciliations and analysis, and prepares certain necessary documents for Board of Director, Investment Committee, Finance Committee meetings, and the annual audit (both GAAP and STAT).
- Assists with developing the annual budget and assists managers/officers in projecting expenses for departments.
- Analyzes, interprets, and communicates cost and expense variances to management. Works with management to contain costs and forecast expenses and to facilitate decision making toward the achievement of financial efficiency of the Company.
- Performs analysis that will be used to develop strategy, monitor businesses, and drive operational decisions.
- Assists with compiling and preparing information for tax and regulatory reporting filings, which includes the quarterly and annual statement filings and supplemental schedules
- Provides financial expertise to management by creating and presenting ad-hoc reports and analyses.
- Records reclassification entries as necessary.
- Responsible for day to day G/L accounting and reconciliation, and financial reporting and analysis for assigned areas.
- Prepares and maintains accounting records, reconciliations, and financial statements for the Company’s charitable foundation
- Prepares and maintains accounting records, reconciliations, and financial statements.
- Assists Accounting Manager with the annual cost report
- Assist the Vice President Audit and Finance with special projects Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Responsibilities as described above.
- BS Degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- 5+ years of experience with financial reporting and analysis.
- CPA certification is a plus
Position requires strong analytical skills; experience with budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, and experience preparing and/or reviewing quarterly/annual statements; the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts as well as mid to senior level management; resolve complex problems and use independent judgment.
Click here to apply online