At Magellan Aerospace, Haley we have an exciting opportunity for Financial Analyst to join our Finance team and contribute to achieving the strategic goals of our department. Located in the heart of the Ottawa Valley west of Renfrew, the facility has been producing magnesium and aluminum castings for the aerospace industry for over 60 years, and is one of the established Canadian vendors in the field.
The Financial Analyst's main area of responsibility will be preparing and maintaining financial and business transactions as per established department processes while applying accounting principles. The individual will also supervise financial accounting operations, and oversee preparation of income statements, special accounting reports, and balancing of general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Develop, install, and maintain accounting systems to provide control of investments, receivables, and expenditures.
- Analyze and interpret accounting records, reports, statements and provide reports to Senior Management.
- Apply principles of accounting under IFRS framework to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Plan work schedules, assign duties, and evaluate work of the finance team for accuracy and conformance to policies.
- Provide financial models and forecasting
- Assist in developing, installing, and maintaining budgeting systems. Interpret budgets to management.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Finance
- CPA Accounting designation preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with emphasis on costing and financial analysis.
- Experience in Cincom/Coda ERP an asset.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!