Financial Analyst - Douglasville, Ga area
The Senior Financial Analyst will be an integral part of the finance team supporting the commercial business. The Senior Financial Analyst will have a working knowledge of the products, channels, customers, strategies, competitors and all Company systems to establish a business partner relationship with the business leaders to drive results.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely, accurate, insightful, and relevant analysis of financial results on a period and ad hoc basis.
- Assist in financial performance through proactively analyzing profitability and returns at the business, market, product, and customer level, and through identifying alternative solutions if initial profitability targets are unrealizable.
- Partner with the business leaders to streamline and manage processes, improve accuracy of results and forecasts, and to provide recommendations to drive profitability including variance analysis to prior periods and operating plans.
- Coordinate business planning and forecasting as needed, including, but not limited to, the development of product, customer or agent plans. Ability to gather information and review assumptions for logic and reasonableness.
- Driving cross-business analytic projects for the business teams with financial modeling, data mining, and presentation support
- Utilize analytical capabilities to mine areas of the business and drive behavior that has the highest possible impact on the company’s bottom line.
- Coordinate and assist in the monthly business review presentation with senior leadership, including variance explanations, commentary consolidation, and working with business leaders to develop action plans around next steps and projections.
- Assist, as needed, with other projects, processes or tasks as assigned by the Director and/or VP of Finance.
- Capable of working in a timeline driven environment while providing accurate information.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. CFA, CPA and/or MBA a plus.
- Experience in sales financial analysis and forecasting/planning.
- Strong analytical and computer skills required. Excel super user (pivot tables, VLookups, macros, ability to manage large amounts of data). High level proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications.
- Highly motivated, results-driven self-starter with good organizational skills, keen focus on details, proven ability to meet tight deadlines and to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of SAP, BPC, and Business Objects systems.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of personnel across various functions.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as required to meet deadlines.
Click here to apply online