Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
The Enterprise Technology Delivery division (ETD) in GovTechON has the mandate to operate and manage enterprise-wide technology solutions, deliver standardized enterprise data and analytic capabilities and to experiment with new technologies.
ETD formally became a new division in MGCS on April 1, 2021. ETD is not yet equipped with dedicated financial and administrative staff to support the operations of the division. ETD is planning recruitments for full time Financial and Admin staff in FY 2022/23, and in the interim requires the support of Temporary Help Resources to assist with issuing journals, collecting recoveries, preparing and amending forecasts, and ensuring overall accuracy of the budget details - see deliverables required below.
What you will bring to this role:
- Budget Analysis and Reporting
- Analyzes and reports on budget analysis to inform decision making, including reviewing budget forecasts and actuals,
monitoring funding and payments, preparing budget journals, ensuring project budgets are calendarized accurately, resolving discrepencies and reconciling to approved budgets.
- Intergrates financial and non-financial information to assist the development, review and provision of financial and management reports. Analyzes and summarizes relevant financial information from various sources, including financial information systems for presentation to senior management.
- Coordinates the preparation of budget allocations and related financial/performance tracking, analyses, reports, and recommendations; assists in coordinating the development of plans and estimates.
- Conducts budget reconciliations, identified and explains variances, tracks and monitors expenditures patterns and trends. Recommends solutions to funding pressures and provides contributions to management in developing in-year financial submissions, and the redistribution of approved appropriations to reflect in-year funding decisions.
- Prepares required monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting, ensuring proper controls are maintained.
2 . Financial Advice
- Advises on financial and related matters such as budget controls, recording of accounting transactions, project reporting, and accounting policies and procedures.
- Advises on issues including project budget modifications and reallocations, and coordinates ad hoc requests to answer queries and meet information requirements for the executive offices.
- Advises on planning, implementing, monitoring expenditures, and assists in the preparation of estimates and financial forecasts, business cases, reports, and submissions..
- Provides advice and assistance to project teams/service providers on interpretation and application of financial budgetary control and administrative policies, directives and guidelines.
- Financial Reporting
- Reviews, tracks, assesses and reports on overall project costing, budget, forecasting, financial decisions and implications, and makes observations on financial performance.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for information, and prepares presentation materials for the team and management.
- Government financial management processes, and general accounting principles and practices, budget allocation processs and controllership policies to apply established policies, procedures, guidelines and directives in order to oversee reporting, advise on project reporting requirements, and analyze project expenditure accounts to ensure budgetary control.
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.