Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Financial Analyst - Forecasting & Budgeting at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Drive the annual budgeting process and monthly forecasting.
- Prepare monthly expenses analysis and provide timely explanations of variances between actual results and forecasts/budgets; direct manager's attention to opportunities for corrective action.
- Maintain and enhance key performance indicators to highlight operational performance.
- Maintain and enhance financial forecasting, budgeting, and operational models.
- Coordinate with various business units to create budgets and forecasts which meet established goals.
- Work with finance and accounting in a continuous improvement environment, identify and implement areas for process improvement and increased efficiencies.
- Actively support and provide analysis on various regulatory requirements.
- Act as point of contact for Government auditors for audits of Magellan Costing rates.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Commerce or Business and/or working towards CPA designation.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting and finance experience.
- Advanced level skills in MS Excel are required.
- Big4 experience will be preferred but not mandatory.
- Manufacturing industry experience is strongly preferred, including extensive cost accounting experience, and strong project management.
- Strong communication skills, presentation skills and proven report writing ability.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple work activities in order to meet established deadlines and priorities.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!