Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Financial Analyst - Cost Accounting at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Prepare periodic financial results including variance analysis to budget and forecast.
- Perform cost and margin analysis for multiple products.
- Prepare monthly journal entries such as sales and cost accruals, deferred revenue adjustments in order to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial results.
- Prepare audit working papers and respond to audit enquiries.
- Respond to ad-hoc information requests and provide support to other departments such as contract, operations and engineers.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Final year student or graduate in good standing of a professional accounting association (CPA).
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in Cost Accounting / Financial Reporting in a Manufacturing environment is required.
- Percentage of Completion (PoC) accounting experience would be considered a very strong asset.
- Big4 experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple work activities in order to meet established deadlines and priorities.
- Expert experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Access.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.