Established in 1993, our client is a privately owned manufacturing company supplying SANS approved kerbs, concrete paving bricks and slabs as well as retaining wall systems. They also have branches in Gauteng and the North West.
They are recruiting for an experienced Financial Administrator to join their growing team based in Gqeberha (formerly known as Port Elizabeth). Experience:
- Job exposure for 3 years or more at this level.
- Worked in a manufacturing environment with Stock responsibilities.
- Sound reference checks on experience
- Stable track record showing increasing levels of responsibility.
- Evidence of the person having influence
- Always up to date and finished.
Character and Skills:
- Ensure that everything is accurately and consciously controlled and captured into relevant formats.
- Purchase only what is required and ensure delivery of exactly what was ordered, ensuring relevant data captured.
- Responsible for all customer credit processes.
- Be able to communicate professionally with customers.
- File accurately both manual and electronically to the required company standard. (Custodian of the filing system)
- Have a presence and be able to influence other office administrative staff.
- Good understanding of systems and internal controls. (Custodian of the internal controls for the branch)
- Understand the importance of relevance and the fact that we serve the material needs of others.
- Proper understanding of reconciliations, ensuring balancing and compiled to standard.
- Proper planning and the ability to adhere to month end and reporting deadlines.
- Responsible for the full management reporting pack of the branch. (Income statement, Balance Sheet, and cash flow) Have a deep understanding of all the numbers and where they come from.
- Safeguarding of assets at branch level.
Salary: Market related based on the level of experience
- High level of accountability and responsibility.
- Logical thinker.
- Driven to complete tasks accurately – must check work before it is presented.
- Inherently checks information for reasonableness.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Sufficient humility to know when he/she needs to ask for help.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages.
- Proper communicate skills – verbal and non-verbal.
- Qualification in Bookkeeping, preferably BCom in Accounting.
- Be able to multi-task
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 202195 subject heading or email body.Surgo (Pty) Ltd will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity (EE) and is committed in maintaining diversity in its’ appointments. Surgo (Pty) Ltd, therefore also encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. Due to the high volume of applications, should you not receive feedback within three months upon submission, you can assume your application was unsuccessful and we encourage you to reapply.Your CV will be kept on our database for us to contact you should any future vacancies become available. If you do not wish for us to keep your CV for any other positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org