Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant
Accountant for Magellan Aerospace (Greyabbey) Limited and Magellan Aerospace (Blackpool) Limited, with responsibility for preparation of periodic management accounts and other information.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Greyabbey, County Down BT22 2QE
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Gym membership and other employee discounts
- Employee advantages scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
- Free parking
- Preparation of monthly management accounts from trial balance with provision of analytical explanations where necessary
- Compilation of detailed & supplemental reporting packs on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis for submission to the corporate office
- Maintenance of general ledger records to a high standard including journals & balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the maintenance of the organisation’s fixed asset registers including review and depreciation schedules and reporting on capital expenditure against budget on a monthly basis
- Data entry/extraction from the organisation’s finance systems and maintenance of accurate information therein
- Detailed analysis of stock & WIP valuations & information including ageing & provisions
- Reconciliation of regular physical inventory counts to accounting records
- Preparation & review of standard cost data for inventory items in the organisation’s ERP systems
- Working closely with the Financial Controller on detailed budgeting/planning/forecasting
- Assisting in Cash Flow Forecasting and Reporting
- Collation, analysis and production of financial information and reports using Microsoft Office tools including Excel on a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly basis
- Preparation of monthly business review presentations on finance, inventory, margin analysis
- Support of other business functions with financial analysis e.g. sales forecasting & analysis, P&L Analysis, Payroll Analysis etc.
- Preparation of draft annual statutory accounts
- Preparation of draft annual tax computations
- Management of interactions with external & internal auditors to ensure timely & accurate provision of information/resolution of queries
- Preparation of workings to support R&D corporation tax claims
- Proactively contributing to the ongoing development and improvement of the organisation’s financial processes & controls
- Assisting as necessary in other aspects of the organisation’s finance functions (purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll)
- Preparation of regular government reporting/statistics forms
- Support & implement the Magellan Aerospace internal processes & controls
- Other general administrative/office duties as required
- None specifically necessary other than GCSE Maths/English
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA or similar)
- Minimum of three years post qualification in an accountancy role
- Extensive experience in the production of management and/or statutory accounts
- Maintenance/processing/reconciliation of general ledgers
- Dealing with financial queries orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Excellent numerical/mathematical skills
- Strong Excel skills and use of Microsoft Office to extract/analyse/reconciliation/present information
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Team working
- Attention to detail.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!