Finance Support Senior Level 3
Duration: 7 Months
Pay Rate: $40.00
Work Location: 1 New York Plaza, New York, New York 10004
Top 3 skill sets:
- Client service
- Operational experience (i.e. understanding of: books and records, trade lifecycle, reconciliations, journal postings, etc)
- Process redesign/improvement
Candidates must have at least 5+ years of demonstrated corporate actions experience - looking for candidates to add value from day one
Work as part of a team handling Voluntary Corporate Action events for a major broker-dealer.
Primary responsibilities will include setting up, monitoring, and processing of Voluntary Corporate Actions from inception to allocation, including but not limited to tender offers (prorated and with consents), exchanges, conversions, rights, warrants, ADR cancellations, Dutch auctions, puts, consents, UIT in-kind distributions, and elections, in book-entry form as well as physicals.
Other responsibilities would include processing early CD redemptions due to death, and assisting in process improvement initiatives and process documentation.
- 5+ years of Corporate Actions experience
- Experience in summarizing and processing all types of Voluntary Corporate Actions while minimizing risk and liabilities to the firm
- In-Depth knowledge of DTCC Corporate Action processing routines, systems, and methods. Knowledge of DTCC settlement systems and cash movement systems
- Thorough understanding of stock records and journal entries is essential
- Sound reconciliation and analytical skills. Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) that will allow individuals to effectively interact with external contacts at depositories, agents, and internal clients up to the officer level
- Time-management is critical due to deadlines associated with this position
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite