Strong communication skills, attention to detail, organizational skills
SHARED SERVICES & BANKING OPS (SSBO) encompasses the following functions:
Ø Position Services
Ø Cash and Security Settlements
Ø Cash Management
Ø Network Management
Ø Tax Utility
Ø Global Loans Servicing
Ø Reconciliation Utility
Ø SSBO Projects
Ø Data Operations
Background on the Team
The Legal Entities Group (LEG) is a global group within our client’s operations division with offices in New York, Baltimore, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Budapest and Mumbai.
The primary responsibilities of LEG team are:
- Customer database management (i.e. creation of newly acquired customers in the core system of our client’s and maintenance of the records of existing clients).
- Reconciliation of internal and external data
- Liaising with the Business Units and Stakeholders to obtain all necessary information
- Providing status reports and escalate issues to management, as appropriate
- Enhancing and maintaining written procedures
- Updating proprietary systems with information / documentation obtained
The candidate should be detail oriented and analytical. A key component of success will be the ability to understand many of the firm’s data structures in detail. This individual must have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, be able to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and feel comfortable communicating complex, detailed information with all levels of staff.
The role incorporates technical and client skills, as follows:
- Obtaining and verifying client data attributes
- Ensuring clients' data are up-to-date and correct in our client’s systems
- Maintaining regulatory identifiers for transaction reporting and other regulatory purposes
- Collecting and checking client documentation
- Performing analysis and providing data for projects
- Understanding of industry regulatory challenges MIFID, BASEL, DODD-FRANK, LEI, etc.
- Understanding of data challenges: global differences, cross asset vendor identifiers, legal entity data, file formats, usage rights and compliance
- Refining tools used to facilitate data reconciliation
- Analysis of Business Requirements to understand the business needs and to determine how the various applications can best functionally fulfill those needs
- Review specifications with the development team to ensure common understanding
- Knowledge of Industry Regulatory Identifiers such as LEIs, FRNs and BICs.
- Bachelors’ degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with others across departments, regions and time zones
- Outstanding attention to detail and analytical ability
- Able to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- High level of Excel skills
- High level of English knowledge
Technical and Professional Knowledge:
An understanding of financial markets and the use of market data in applications is essential. Knowledge of trading and risk processes would be advantageous. Wider knowledge of business areas such as equities, research, investment banking, and asset management would also be useful. Business analysis and research skills are a pre-requisite.
- Awareness of Mifid II, EMIR, Dodd Frank Regulations.
- Awareness of capital markets products
- Experience in the financial industry or equivalent background is advantageous
- Knowledge of our client’s clients and products and of the current regulatory environment
- Knowledge of other foreign languages and Microsoft Access is advantageous