United States of America
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Processing, New York, has an exciting new opportunity for a Finance Manager. The role is responsible for all finance activities within the division and will provide the appropriate financial expertise in accounting, transaction processing, financial reporting, internal controls, and business financial analysis in line with Magellan policies and procedures. As the most senior financial leader at the division, the Finance Manager will be responsible for ensuring the recording of accurate financial data and the timely production of the financial reporting for the division. They will also lead the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes for the division, helping guide appropriate targets based on your business expertise. The range is $95 000 to $110 000, depending on experience.
- Manage the Finance, Costing, Payroll, IT, and Office Clerical functions for the division
- Weekly cash forecasting & associated reporting
- Weekly review of Payroll processing
- Preform day-to-day hands-on work as needed
- Monthly review of financial statement preparation and reporting
- Interpret the divisions financial results and present them monthly to senior management
- Responsible for annual budgeting and monthly reforecasting
- Support for new business development activates, and review of associated financial data
- Oversee capital expenditures
- Participate in the preparation of the annual update for the Five Year Strategic Plan
- Manage annual internal and external audits
- Support inventory validation programs including cycle counts, and the annual physical count
- Oversee risk management & compliance activities
- Annual review of costing models
- Mentor and motivate the finance team towards achieving the goals of the department
- Participate in strategic & business initiatives as required
- University degree specializing in finance, commerce or equivalent
- Accounting designation, CPA or CMA preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience as a Controller or Finance Manager in a manufacturing environment
- Microsoft office, excel, power point and system skills
- Ability to work with different levels of people utilizing superior communication skills
- Very good working knowledge of Accounting, Cash Management, Forecasting & Budgeting
- Excellent business acumen, with strong ability to communicate verbally
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Above average analytical and technical skills
- Excellent decision making skills, including information gathering and problem solving
- A strategic thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and provide follow-up
- Preform day-to-day hands on work as needed
- Experience with ERP systems and ERP implementations
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)