Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager. In this role the successful incumbent will plan, organize, manage, and control the accounting and control function of the division, reports operational results, and provide chronological systems. The end result to work towards will be providing accurate profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, accounts receivable, cost standards and saving opportunities, and capital investing, together with the necessary controls and procedures to effectuate the plan.
Perks and Benefits
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Coordinate and administer an adequate plan for the control of operations
- Compare performance with operating plans and standards. Provide reports and interpret the results of operations to all levels of management. Including the formulation of accounting policies, the preparation of financial statements and operating data, the coordination of systems and procedures, and special reports as required.
- Forecast short-range and long-range cash requirements and obligations, as a basis for maintaining adequate funds.
- Assure protection for the assets of the business through internal control, internal auditing, and ensuring proper insurance coverage.
- Monitor credit and collection applications. Approve terms above a predetermined dollar amount.
- Assist Programs in establishing and maintaining product pricing policies.
- Establish and implement a sound operational and organizational plan in direct support of the business plan.
- Keep the Division Manager informed of the division’s performance and provides advice on all financial matters.
- Execute cash disbursements for payment of corporate and divisional expenditures in accordance with disbursement and policies.
- Monitor inventory levels and advises management regarding variances to budget.
- Develop and recommend budget. Authorize expenditures in accordance with budget.
- Assure that the duties, responsibilities, and authority of each job are clearly defined, effective, and communicated to incumbents.
- Monitor performance of direct reports. Provide prompt and objective coaching and counseling. Review direct reports and approves performance appraisals initiated by direct reports. Ensure that an MBO-based performance appraisal system is administered effectively.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience ideally gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Finance
- A minimum of 2 years’ recent experience as a Controller with responsibility for accounts, budgeting, cost accounting, credit and collections, and finance. Preferably annual sales of $25 million to $40 million
- Possess affiliations with successful manufacturing companies.
- Knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, well-developed financial analysis capabilities, and demonstrated ability to manage microcomputer operations and applications
- Sound administrative skills.
- Well-developed management skills-principles and people.
- Superior numeric skills.
- Satisfactory communication skills, written and verbal.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Results- and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
- Excellent organization skills
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.